Dr. D.A. Al Husayni
Dr. D.A. Al Husayni is a clinical psychologist with an extensive background in community mental health, working with individuals, couples, and families in both the United States and the Middle East. Dr. Al Husayni also provides psychoeducational assessments, and psychodiagnostic evaluations including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) evaluations. Her fields of interest include complex trauma, post-traumatic stress disorder, domestic violence, personality disorders, and relational issues.
Prior to working at FSRI, Dr. Al Husayni worked at San Francisco Bay Area community mental health clinics, providing psychological services to underserved populations in the area. She also spent two years at the University of California, Davis (UCD) providing psychological services and consultation for staff and faculty members, as well as the UCD community.
Dr. Al Husayni completed a B.A. in Psychology from the American University of Beirut, and studied in the United States as a Fulbright scholar, receiving both a Master’s and Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the American School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, San Francisco. She is bilingual and provides services in both English and Arabic.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology, Argosy University, San Francisco
- Master of Arts, Clinical Psychology, Argosy University, San Francisco
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, American University of Beirut
- Complex trauma
- Grief issues
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) evaluation and treatment
- Domestic violence
- Personality disorders
- Relational issues
- Bilingual therapy (English and Arabic)
- Fulbright Scholar
- American Psychological Association