Susan Whitehead’s professional expertise as an Occupational Therapist covers a wide range of areas, amongst them elderly rehabilitation, neurology and palliative care. Prior to joining FSRI, Susan amassed knowledge and experience working within the UK in variety of clinical areas including hospital and community settings.
In her work, Susan focuses on helping people achieve maximum independence within their daily lives and minimizing dependence post illness and into older age, working closely with patients to identify individually relevant rehabilitation goals and collaboratively working to achieve them. She is also able to offer support regarding home adaptations and best moving and handling practices to help ensure safety within the home.
Susan completed her studies at Lancaster University in the United Kingdom, where she earned a graduate degree in Occupational Therapy and a Master’s degree in Professional Practice (health).
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Masters, Developing Professional Practice, University of Lancaster, UK
- Postgraduate Certificate, Organisational Change, University of Lancaster, UK
- Bachelor of Science, Occupational Therapy, University of Lancaster, UK
- Care of the elderly
- Palliative care
- Provision of equipment and adaptations
- Basic Life Support, provider course, Kuwait Medical Training Society
- Leadership at the Point of Care
British Association of Occupational Therapy