Kira G Battle
Dr. Kira Battle is an American Board Certified Physiotherapist. She completed her Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) at Duke University in the United States, and has spent time in various countries observing practice and treating patients.
Her main clinical focus is neuro-rehabilitation, which includes traumatic brain injury, stroke and movement disorders, as well as vestibular dysfunction including vertigo and concussion. She has worked and trained in a variety of settings that also include orthopedics, cardiopulmonary and acute care.
Dr. Kira Battle is also affiliated with research focusing on capacity of rehabilitation care and has a strong interest in the development of international education, having spent extensive time abroad as an instructor before completing her DPT. She believes that every patient encounter is an opportunity to enjoy the exchange of culture while providing patient-specific treatment and customized care.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Doctor of Physical Therapy: Duke University (2018)
- B.A. International Relations and Japanese Language with Honors: University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2007)
- Global Health (care and research capacity building, humanitarian response, international education)
- Neurologic and Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Post-Trauma Care
- North Carolina Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy in United States
- Emergency Medical Response License
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Health and Policy Administration (Global Health) and
- Neurology Special Interest Groups
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy