Kelsey Acevedo-Soto is a U.S. licensed Marriage, Family Therapist and is board certified by the American Art Therapy Association. She obtained her Master’s degree in 2008 from Loyola Marymount University and has experience working with individuals, families and groups. Scope of practice includes support related to anxiety, depression, and providing trauma informed care. She has extensive experience with teens, children and those with special needs, as well as other educationally related topics.
Art therapy is her area of specialization and she has served on professional boards like the Northern California Art Therapy Association as president and community outreach Liaison. Other therapeutic modalities commonly used include like Narrative, Systems, Multigenerational and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy principles.
Kelsey’s therapy style is warm, non-judgmental, and authentic. She believes the client and clinician work together. She offers a space to engage in treatment that begins where the client is and believes in holistic lens with emphasis on building healthy coping mechanisms and supports.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- California State University, Northridge, Bachelors of Art; Psychology
- Loyola Marymount University, Los Angeles, Masters of Arts; Marriage Family Therapy with a clinical specialization in Art Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Trauma Informed Care
- School Counseling
- Licensed by the Board of Behavioral Sciences, LMFT# 85636
- Board Certified by the American Art Therapy Association, ATR#14-173
- Northern California Art Therapy Association
- American Art Therapy Association
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists