Dr. Mona Mathana
Dr. Mona Mathna is a physiatrist at FSRI with about 25 years of experience in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Her specific field of interest is management of different kinds of musculoskeletal pain, such as Complex Regional Pain syndromes, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Myofascial Pain Syndrome, Chronic Back Pain, Neck Pain, hip pain, knee pain, feet pain and other different kinds of joints’ inflammation/pain as rheumatoid arthritis. She is also expert in management of Osteoporosis, and Spasticity. Further, she is specialized in rehabilitation of different kinds of neuro-musculoskeletal diseases, stroke, spinal cord injuries and pediatric disabilities. Dr. Mona published several articles in different medical journals, most of them were concerned with pain management.
Dr. Mona has many years of clinical and academic experience working across a range of different institutions; she is holding an appointment of associate professor in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Faculty of Medicine, Menoufia University, Egypt. She was appointed as a visiting associate professor at Neuromuscular Diseases clinic, Department of Medicine, McMaster University, Canada. She worked as a consultant physiatrist in Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Humanitarian city, Al Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC).
- Courses in Rehabilitation Science, McMaster University, Canada
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.) in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation- Faculty of Medicine – Menoufia University –Egypt.
- Master’s Degree (M.Sc.) in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation- Faculty of Medicine – Tanta University –Egypt.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (M.B.Ch. B), grade: very good with honor degree, Faculty of Medicine – Tanta University –Egypt.
- Physiatrist, FSRI, Kuwait.
- Visiting Associate Professor, McMaster University, Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Medicine, Neuromuscular Clinic, ON, Canada.
- Associate Professor /Consultant Physiatrist, Faculty of Medicine, Menoufia University, Egypt.
- Consultant Physiatrist, Sultan Bin Abdulaziz Humanitarian City; AlRiyadh- Saudi Arabia.
- Chronic Pain Management
- Management of Osteoporosis
- Treatment of Spasticity
- Geriatric Rehabilitation
- Rehabilitation of Musculoskeletal disorders/disabilities.
- Stroke / Acquired TBI Rehabilitation
- Spinal cord Injuries Rehabilitation
Member of Kuwait Medical Association, Medical council of Canada,
Medical Syndicate of Egypt