Khadeejah Buabbas is a passionate therapist who helps patients suffering from speech, language, hearing, and swallowing disorders. Khadeejah’s areas of expertise include apraxia, aphasia, articulation, literacy difficulties, Multi-Modal Communication, global development disorders, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), down syndrome, and cerebral palsy.
As a pathologist, Khadeejah has experience working with a variety of patients, including both children and adults, in a range of settings including schools, hospitals, and community health centers. She is a member of the Speech Pathology Australia Association, and is certified and trained in LSVT LOUD – a speech treatment program for individuals with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions.
Khadeejah earned her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Sydney in Sydney, Australia and her Master’s degree from La Trobe University in Melbourne, Australia.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Master of Speech Pathology, La Trobe University, Bendigo, Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Public Health, La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia
- Bachelor of Health Science, Hearing and Speech, University of Sydney, Australia.
- Pediatric Dysphagia
- Stroke and Head injury related communication and swallowing difficulties
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication
- Apraxia, and Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Speech and language disorders and/or delays
- Intervention for children with global developmental delays, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- LSVT LOUD Certified Clinician
- Pediatric Dysphagia Interventions
- Hearing Assessment in Audiology
- AUSLAN Sign Language
- Diagnosis, Assessment, and Intervention for Children with autism; current research and implications for practice.
- CertifiedV Practicing Speech Pathologist
- Member of Speech Pathology Australia Association