Sheli Msall is a registered dietitian with vast experience in providing care to both critical care and general patient populations, helping individuals with varying diagnoses and health care goals. Sheli is well-versed in the implementation of the Nutrition Care Process (NCP), with experience in managing and developing nutrition protocols for improved patient nutrition. She is also a keen advocate of nutrition education, with first-hand experience in conducting educational programs to patients, medical students and clinicians.
Before moving to Kuwait and joining the team at FSRI’s medical clinic, Sheli began her career in the field of nutrition and dietetics in her native United States. Most recently, she held the position of Clinical Dietician at Inova Fairfax Hospital in Virginia. Prior to that, she served the same role at Doctor’s Community Hospital (Aramark) in Maryland and Mercy St. John’s Hospital in Missouri. Sheli has also served as a Contract Dietitian for Dieticians on Demand, and has worked as a Private Nutrition Counselor helping patients with weight management concerns, as well as those suffering from food allergies or gastrointestinal disorders.
Sheli earned a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Hospitality, Food, and Human Nutrition, with a concentration in Dietetics, from the University of Arkansas in the United States. Subsequently she completed a Master’s certificate in Dietetic Internship at Iowa State University.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition, Food, and Hospitality with a concentration in Dietetics, University of Arkansas
- Dietetic Internship and Master's Certificate, Iowa State University
- Experience in acute care, specialized in nutrition support, Washington D.C
- Elderly and neurological rehabilitation
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Cardiac Disease
- Certificate of completion for Nutrition Focused Physical Examination