Dr. Talal Kuzbari
Dr. Talal Kuzbari has more than 25 years of experience practicing internal medicine and cardiology, both in private practice and as a consultant cardiologist. He is a community-based cardiologist, specializing in general cardiology and non-invasive cardiac imaging. His specific fields of interest include valvular heart disease, coronary heart disease and cardiac rhythm disorders, in addition to congenital heart diseases, arterial hypertension, echocardiography and vascular ultrasound.
Prior to joining FSRI, Dr. Talal was in private practice in the city of Damascus, and was a Consultant Cardiologist at Shami Hospital. He also spent two years at Toronto East General Hospital, working in the highly specialized field of echocardiography-doppler.
Dr. Talal earned his medical degree from Liege University in Belgium in 1982, following which he completed his internship and post graduate fellowship training in cardiology, respectively at the Broussais Hospital and the Antoine Beclere Hospital in Paris, France. He obtained his diploma in echocardiography in 1986 from the University of Paris Val de Marne, Faculty of Medicine of Creteil. In 1990 he also completed advanced training in 2D echocardiography-doppler at the Toronto Institute of Medical Technology.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Medical Doctor Diploma: Liege University, Belgium 1982
- Cardiology internship: Broussais Hospital and Antoine Beclere Hospital, Paris, France 1982-1987
- Echocardiography Diploma: Val de Marne University, Faculty of Medicine of Creteil, Paris, France 1986
- Two years practice in the highly specialized field of Echocardiography-Doppler, Toronto east General Hospital, Canada
- 25 Years of private practice in the field of Internal Medicine and Cardiology, Damascus, Syria
- Consultant Cardiologist at Shami Hospital, Damascus, Syria
- Preventative cardiology
- Valvular heart disease
- Coronary heart disease
- Heart failure and cardiomyopathies
- Congenital heart disease
- Cardiac rhythm disorders
- Arterial hypertension
- Dyslipidemia, diagnosis and treatment
- Echocardiography-doppler and vascular ultrasound
- Advanced Echocardiography-Doppler Certificate: Toronto Institute of Medical Technology, Canada, 1990
- Syrian Cardio-Vascular Association since 1995