About our Children’s Rehabilitation Center (CERC)
We opened the doors to our Children’s Evaluation and Rehabilitation Centre (CERC) in 2013, to help us provide the best specialized possible care for children. Our goal from the outset was to provide bespoke assessment, treatment and interventions for children, to enable them to live the most independent life possible regardless of their conditions.
Our team of pediatric specialists provides comprehensive therapy programmes for babies, children and young adults across a number of areas. This includes physical therapy, hydrotherapy, speech pathology, counselling/behavior therapy and occupational therapy. Our treatment programs focus on setting specific and individualized goals to ensure a child’s maximum level of function is achieved.
CERC, which is based in Hawally, works with children and their parents and caregivers to evaluate and treat a broad range of child related conditions and issues, including:
- Developmental delays, including delayed walking, crawling and delays in speech development
- Abnormal skeletal development, including spinal or extremity involvement such as clubfoot, torticollis and hip pathology
- Sports injuries, such as joint trauma, or muscle and ligament tears
- Traumatic injuries, such as those resulting from motor vehicle accidents
- Post-operative rehabilitation and burns
- Preterm infants
- Cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Speech issues, including articulation, phonation, fluency, resonance and voice
- Language problems, including receptive and expressive language phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics and pragmatics, language processing, pre-literacy and phonological awareness
- Attentional deficits and behavioral issues
- Psychological concerns, including academic problems, anxiety/worry and low mood
Our team also works closely with parents and caregivers to help ensure therapy continues outside of the clinical environment where possible, educating them on how to manage their child’s condition and providing them with practical knowledge on specific treatment methods they could implement themselves at home.
At CERC, we are fully aware that medical treatment of any kind, and rehabilitative therapy especially, can prove to be quite overwhelming for a young child. Therefore, we do our utmost to treat children with tender care and patience, working hard to make the therapy experience pleasant and fun for the child. We always strive to adhere to a “whole-person” approach, implementing the best treatment methods to ensure the child’s physical, emotional and mental health and wellness.